At Daub’s Cobbler Shop our goal is to provide the best possible shoe repairs for our customers.
Whether you’re hoping to salvage your favorite pair of dress shoes, boots or designer heels, resole a trusty pair of work boots, or revitalize the leather of your dress shoes for an upcoming formal event, we are your local shoe and leather specialist. We’re experts in both men’s and women’s shoe repairs, and we work with all sizes, colors, makes, brands, and materials.
Don’t hastily throw away your shoes–and your money–by purchasing a new pair when we can easily repair your favorite shoes at a fraction of the cost. We can give new life to broken heels, worn soles and dull leather.
10 Do’s and Don’ts to keep your shoes looking good and lasting longer:
- Do use a shoe horn when putting on shoes to protect the heel from unnecessary wear.
- Do use cedar shoe trees after wearing to absorb moisture and maintain the regular shape of your shoes.
- Do not wear the same pair of shoes on consecutive days. This gives your shoes time to dry completely, inside and out. If that’s not possible, invest in a boot/shoe dryer by Peet to dryer your footwear overnight.
- Do remove salt and debris from shoes immediately to prevent damage to the leather.
- Do use leather cleaner to remove common dirt and dust from your shoes before polishing. Then apply a leather conditioner prior to polishing to protect the natural beauty of the leather. We sell quality shoe care products, including ShoeKeeper and Angelus, in our Laconia store.
- Do use shoe cream, when needed, that is the same color or slightly lighter than the color of the leather and then buff with a soft brush. We offer many color choices at our downtown Laconia shoe repair store.
- Do use a Paste Polish with shoe wax to polish your shoes regularly. Brush and rub with a soft cloth for a high gloss.
- Do use shoe bags or wrap shoes in a soft material when traveling to protect leather from scratches.
- Do use rubber overshoes to protect your shoes during foul weather. Wet leather wears more quickly. We have overshoes in stock in our store.
- Do bring in your footwear to Daub’s Cobbler Shop for a tune up or a free shoe care inspection.